Thrumpton Village

The Official Website for Thrumpton Village

   
 
All Saints Church
 
 
Information
 
 

All Saints Church lies within the Thrumpton Conservation Area which encompasses most of the village.

 
 

The Church is a Grade II* listed building dating from the 14th Century.

In 1870 restoration work to the church was carried out for Lucy, Lady Byron by the well known Victorian architect G E Street. The chancel was rebuilt and the nave restored but the tower remained unaltered. In 2004 the tower was subject to significant repair and restoration work.  

The parish forms part of a small cluster of 5 parishes - the 453 churches. There is one full-time stipendiary priest based in Gotham. Two Licensed Lay Ministers (Readers) and two Pastoral Care Coordinators also play a significant role in this rural cluster. 

To view a copy of the current edition of the parish Messenger click here. (Adobe Reader is required to view this file, this is available by free download from www.adobe.com)

 
The Sunday service schedule follows a regular pattern:-    

          

  • 1st Sunday - 11.00 a.m. - Morning Prayer
  • 2nd Sunday - 11.00 a.m. - Morning Prayer

  • 3rd Sunday - 11.00 a.m. - 453 Churches
    Holy Communion -
    the venue rotates *

  • 4th Sunday - 09.00 a.m. - Holy Communion

  • 5th Sunday - 11.00 a.m. - 453 Churches Service -
    the venue rotates
    *

* see the parish Messenger

  All Saints Church
 
 
Website designed by Stephen Bradley